History of the School
In 1855, when Hampstead was a village popular with the artistic and literary society and set in fields to the north of London, a small church school was opened to provide education for the children in the parish of Christ Church, housed in an attractive building nestling in the shadow of the church.
Christ Church School has continued to provide education for local children ever since and, although during that time the old village has seen many changes and has been gradually incorporated into the built up area of London, Christ Church has never lost the friendly and personal atmosphere of a traditional village school.
Today the school is still housed in the lovely Grade 2 listed building of 1855, but it is now fully equipped to provide a 21st century primary education, with further development taking place every year.
In 2005 the whole school community celebrated the school’s 150th birthday in style.